At The End Of The Road, your BBQ Adventure Begins
Join us at Camp Mack, a Guy Harvey Lodge, Marina & RV Resort for our annual Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Competition, on October 22-24th. The is a family friendly event that includes a FBA sanctioned BBQ Competition, Craft Fair, and Live Music and a ribbon cutting for Camp Mack becoming a historical site of the Polk County Heritage Trail. Come out to cheer on their favorite teams. There will be live music and BBQ vendors at the Riverfront on Friday and Saturday.
The Rock N Brews BBQ contest is an FBA sanctioned event. We encourage pitmasters of all levels to join as it is an excellent opportunity to learn from the professional teams and enjoy a weekend with some of the top BBQ cooks and enthusiasts. Teams can compete in either the backyard or the professional division. All teams must compete in all meat categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket. Professional Cook Teams must compete in all 4 meat categories (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket) to be eligible for the grand championship.
All teams can enter our ancillary contests at an additional cost of $25 per category for either the Kids BBQ Cookoff, Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition, and/or Camp Mack ‘s prized category of Nothin’ Butt Gator.
Pro Division: $300 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night.
Backyard Division: $150 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday Night
Fun Cue Entries
Kids BBQ Cookoff: $25 Entry
Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition: $25 Entry
Nothin’ Butt Gator: $25 Entry, which includes Gator Meat provided to cooks.
Pre-Registration is required. All teams must provider their own equipment and supplies. Electricity and water will be provided. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, city and resort codes and rules.
Artist and vendors will have tents at the Riverfront along with BBQ vendors. If you are interested in taking part or displaying at the craft fair register here.
FREE concert for all to enjoy on Friday evening and throughout the day on Saturday. Check back later for the list of scheduled bands.
Celebrate Camp Mack for becoming a historical site of the Polk County Heritage Trail with a ribbon cutting at 3:00 pm. The staff at Camp Mack, a Guy Harvey Lodge, Marina & RV Resort has spent nearly a year working with the Polk County Historical Commission researching the history at Camp Mack and in the area. We are very excited to be launching this trail highlighting the Steamboat era, Native Settlers, the history of Airboats, Fort Gardiner and of course Fishing and Hunting in the area.
Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ Weekend Schedule
Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 2pm – 10 pm : Early Arrival for cook teams. Camp Mack office closes at 5:00 pm. Teams arriving after 5:00pm please coordinate with the office prior to arrival for late check-in..
- 7pm : Halloween Costume Contest & Cooks Reception at Gator Mack’s Sports Bar. Prizes and fun for all cook teams participating.
Friday, October 23, 2020
- 12 pm : Meat Inspections will begin
- 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm : Free Concert at the Riverfront Pavilion by Southbound Band
- 5 pm : FBA BBQ Cooks’ Meeting – handout turn-in boxes for all categories and pork butts for those doing People’s Choice.
- 7:00 pm – 7:15 pm : Gator Mack’s Sauce Turn In
- 7:45 pm – 8:00 pm : Nothing Butt Gator- Turn-In
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm : Kids Cue Turn-In
Saturday, October 24, 2020
- 9 am : FBA Judges Meeting
- 11 am : FBA Chicken Turn-in
- 12 pm : FBA Ribs Turn-in
- 1 pm : FBA Pork Turn-in
- 1 pm : Pyro Joe – Fire Show & Craft Fair Opens
- 1:30 pm : Outta Hand Band on Riverfront Stage
- 2 pm : FBA Brisket Turn-in
- 3 pm : Ribbon Cutting for Camp Mack a historical site on the Polk County Heritage Trail Ceremony
- 4:30 pm : Pyro Joe Fire Show
- 5 pm – 6 pm : BBQ Awards Ceremony
- 6 pm – 10 pm : Free Concert on the Riverfront Pavilion by Free Agent
Awards will begin at 5pm with Cash and Prizes available
- Grand Champion: $750
- Reserve Champion: $500
- 3rd – Overall: $250
- 4th – Overall: $200
- 5th – Overall: $100
- 6-10 Overall will receive an award.
Each of the 4 Categories
- 1st – $300
- 2nd – $200
- 3rd – $150
- 4th – $100
- 5th – $75
- 6-10 Overall will receive an award
*Cash and prizes are subjection to change. This is based on 30 pro team entries and we will adjust based on the number of teams or on sponsor participation.