At The End Of The Road, your BBQ Adventure Begins
Join us at Camp Mack, a Guy Harvey Lodge, Marina & RV Resort for our annual Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ on October 21-23, 2021. Come out and help us crown the Camp Mack Champion! This weekend will include FBA Sanctioned BBQ contest with both Pro’s, Backyard, and Kids Division, Halloween Costume Contest, Craft Fair & Live Music from local bands. General Admission is FREE! Tickets will be sold for the People’s Choice BBQ Tasting at the Riverfront on Saturday, October 23rd.
The Rock N Brews BBQ contest is your chance to win up to $10,000 in cash and prizes. This is an FBA sanctioned event. We encourage pitmasters of all levels to join as it is an excellent opportunity to learn from the pros and enjoy a weekend with some of the top BBQ cooks and enthusiasts. Teams can compete in either the backyard or the pro division and must compete in all meat categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket. Professional Cook Teams must compete in all 4 meat categories (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket) to be eligible for the grand championship. In addition, each team will be given a Pork Butt to prepare for the people’s choice competition. Winner receives bragging rights and a trophy for the People’s Choice Award.
All teams can enter our ancillary contests at an additional cost in categories, Kids BBQ Academy & Cookoff, Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition, and a Camp Mack prized category of Nothin’ Butt Gator.
Pro Division: $300 includes your BBQ site and RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night.
Backyard Division: $150 includes your BBQ Site & RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday Night
Fun Cue Entries
Kids BBQ Academy & Burger Cookoff: $25 Entry
Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition: $25 Entry
Nothing Butt Gator: $25 Entry, which includes Gator Meat provided to cooks.
Pre-Registration is required. All teams must provider their own equipment and supplies. Electricity and water will be provided. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, city and resort codes and rules.
BBQ Tastings / General Admission: It is Free for people to attend the Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ Festival. There will be ticket sales for people who would like to taste BBQ from competing teams for the People’s Choice Award for the Best Pulled Pork the day of the event for $15 from 11 am – 12:30 pm on Saturday. The winning People’s Choice BBQ will receive a trophy and bragging rights of being a Camp Mack Pitmaster Legend! Come out and help us crown our People’s Choice Champion.
BBQ Village & Craft Fair
Sponsors, crafters and vendors will have tents at the Riverfront displaying everything from BBQ, Brews, & Outdoor Gear. Make sure you stop by and thank our wonderful sponsors!
FREE concert for all to enjoy. Music will be on the Riverfront Stage throughout the day. Check back later for the list of scheduled bands.
KIDS BBQ ACADEMY & COOK-OFF
For all the Junior and Youth Pit Pirates, we will be hosting our annual Youth BBQ Academy & Cook-off on Friday night. Youth and Juniors can participate will be able to cook with a BBQ Team. We will have an instructional and meeting before the cook’s 5 pm meeting on Friday for all who would like to participate. We will be providing each kid with 1lb of ground beef for their best recipe and turn-in by 8:30 pm.
Congratulations to Brady Dopp the 2020 – 1st place winner
Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ Weekend Schedule
Thursday, October 21, 2021
- 2pm – 10 pm : Early Arrival for cook teams. Teams are unable to check-in after 10pm unless they coordinate directly with the Camp Mack office.
Friday, October 22, 2021
- 12 pm – Meat Inspections will begin
- 5 pm – FBA BBQ Cooks’ Meeting – handout turn-in boxes for all categories and pork butts for those doing People’s Choice.
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Live Music on Riverfront Stage
- 7:00 pm – 7:15 pm – Gator Mack’s Sauce Turn In
- 7:45 pm – 8:00 pm – Nothing Butt Gator- Turn-In
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm – Kids Cue Turn-In
Saturday, Oct 23, 2021
- 8 am – 9 am FBA Judge’s check-in with meeting starting at 9:30 am at the Gator Den.
- 10 am – People’s Choice Turn-in
- 11 am – Open to Public for Craft Beer Tastings, BBQ Village, & People’s Choice Tent. The People’s Choice Tent is $15 a ticket and includes tastings of pork shoulder from all the BBQ Teams. Tent will close at 12:30 pm.
- 11 am – FBA Chicken Turn-in
- 12 pm – FBA Ribs Turn-in
- 1 pm – FBA Pork Turn-in
- 2 pm – FBA Brisket Turn-in
- 5 pm – 6 pm – People’s Choice / Sauce / Gator / Kids Que /Backyard & Pro BBQ Awards
- 6 pm – 10 pm – Concert on the Riverfront Stage
Awards will begin at 5pm with Cash and Prizes available. Cash prizes may change based on the number of teams registered. Below is based on a minimum of 35 pro teams.
- Grand Champion: $700
- Reserve Champion: $550
- 3rd – Overall: $500
- 4th – Overall: $350
- 5th – Overall: $280
- 6th – Overall: $210
- 7th – Overall: $175
- 8th – Overall: $140
- 9th – Overall: $100
- 10th Overall: $75
Each of the 4 Categories
- 1st – $350
- 2nd – $280
- 3rd – $175
- 4th – $100
- 5th – $75
- 6-10 will receive a trophy.
EVENT FORMS AND REGISTRATION
Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Gallery