At The End Of The Road, your BBQ Adventure Begins
Join us at Camp Mack, a Guy Harvey Lodge, Marina & RV Resort for our annual Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Festival on October 22-24th. This weekend will include FBA Sanctioned BBQ contest with Professional, Backyard, and Kids Division, a Halloween Costume Contest, Craft Fair & Live Music from local bands on Friday and Saturday evening. General Admission is FREE! Tickets will be sold for the People’s Choice BBQ Tasting at the Riverfront on Saturday, October 24th for you to sample pulled pork from each of the BBQ Teams competing to be the Grand Champion. Come out and help us crown the Camp Mack Champion!
The Rock N Brews BBQ contest is your chance to win up to $10,000 in cash and prizes. This is an FBA sanctioned event. We encourage pitmasters of all levels to join as it is an excellent opportunity to learn from the professional teams and enjoy a weekend with some of the top BBQ cooks and enthusiasts. Teams can compete in either the backyard or the professional division. All teams must compete in all meat categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket. Professional Cook Teams must compete in all 4 meat categories (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket) to be eligible for the grand championship. All teams will also be given a pork shoulder, which will be included with their entry, to compete in the People’s Choice Competition.
All teams can enter our ancillary contests at an additional cost of $25 per category for either the Kids BBQ Cookoff, Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition, and/or Camp Mack ‘s prized category of Nothin’ Butt Gator.
The Rock N Brews BBQ contest is your chance to win up to $10,000 in cash and prizes. This is an FBA sanctioned event. We encourage pitmasters of all levels to join as it is an excellent opportunity to learn from the pros and enjoy a weekend with some of the top BBQ cooks and enthusiasts. Teams can compete in either the backyard or the pro division and must compete in all meat categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket. Professional Cook Teams must compete in all 4 meat categories (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket) to be eligible for the grand championship. In addition, each pro team will be given a Pork Butt to prepare for competition. Winner receives bragging rights and a trophy for the People’s Choice Award.
All teams can enter our ancillary contests at an additional cost in categories, Kids BBQ Academy & Cookoff, Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition, and a Camp Mack prized category of Nothin’ Butt Gator.
Pro Division: $300 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night.
Backyard Division: $150 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday Night
Fun Cue Entries
Kids BBQ Cookoff: $25 Entry
Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition: $25 Entry
Nothin’ Butt Gator: $25 Entry, which includes Gator Meat provided to cooks.
Pre-Registration is required. All teams must provider their own equipment and supplies. Electricity and water will be provided. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, city and resort codes and rules.
BBQ Tastings / General Admission: It is Free for people to attend the Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Festival. There will be ticket sales for people who would like to taste BBQ from competing teams for the People’s Choice Award for the Best Pulled Pork the day of the event for $15 from 11 am – 12:30 pm on Saturday. The winning People’s Choice BBQ will receive a trophy and bragging rights of being a Camp Mack Pitmaster Legend! Come out and help us crown our People’s Choice Champion.
Sample local craft beers while chowing down on some of the Best BBQ you can find! Craft vendors include and available for tastings on Saturday from 11am – 5 pm at the Riverfront Stage.
BBQ Village & Craft Fair
Sponsors, artist and vendors will have tents at the Riverfront displaying everything from BBQ, craft, & outdoor gear and more. Make sure you stop by and thank our wonderful sponsors!
FREE concert for all to enjoy. Music will be on the Riverfront Stage throughout the day. Check back later for the list of scheduled bands.
Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ Weekend Schedule
Thursday, October 22, 2020
- 2pm – 10 pm : Early Arrival for cook teams. Camp Mack office closes at 5:00 pm. Teams arriving after 5:00pm please coordinate with the office prior to arrival for late check-in.
- 7pm : Halloween Costume Contest & Cooks Reception at Gator Mack’s Sports Bar. Prizes and fun for all cook teams participating. This is open to the public.
Friday, October 23, 2020
- 12 pm : Meat Inspections will begin
- 5 pm : FBA BBQ Cooks’ Meeting – handout turn-in boxes for all categories and pork butts for those doing People’s Choice.
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm : Live Music on Riverfront Stage
- 7:00 pm – 7:15 pm : Gator Mack’s Sauce Turn In
- 7:45 pm – 8:00 pm : Nothing Butt Gator- Turn-In
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm : Kids Cue Turn-In
Saturday, October 24, 2020
- 8 am : FBA Judges Meeting
- 10 am : People’s Choice Turn-in
- 11 am : Open to Public for Craft Beer Tastings, BBQ Village, & People’s Choice Tent. The People’s Choice Tent is $15 a ticket and includes tastings of pork shoulder from all the BBQTeams. Tent will close at 12:30 pm.
- 11 am : FBA Chicken Turn-in
- 12 pm : FBA Ribs Turn-in
- 1 pm : FBA Pork Turn-in
- 2 pm : FBA Brisket Turn-in
- 5 pm – 6 pm : People’s Choice / Sauce / Gator / Kids Que /Backyard & Pro BBQ Awards
- 6 pm – 10 pm : Concert on the Riverfront Stage
Awards will begin at 5pm with Cash and Prizes available
- Grand Champion: $1250
- Reserve Champion: $1,000
- 3rd – Overall: $700
- 4th – Overall: $500
- 5th – Overall: $300
- 6-10 Overall will receive a trophy.
Each of the 4 Categories
- 1st – $400
- 2nd – $300
- 3rd – $200
- 4th – $150
- 5th – $100
- 6-10 Overall will receive a trophy
*Cash & Prizes are based on 30 team entries and will adjust based on the number of teams.