At The End Of The Road, your BBQ Adventure Begins
BBQ COMPETITION LIVE MUSIC BONFIRE PARTY FOOD FUN
Join us at Camp Mack, a Guy Harvey Lodge, Marina & RV Resort for our annual Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Competition, on October 20-22nd. For pitmasters and cook teams this weekend will include FBA Sanctioned BBQ contest with Professional and Backyard Divisions, Kids Cook-off, Ancillary Contest, Bonfire Party, and more! For those who want to cheer on their favorite teams, we will have BBQ Vendors, a Craft Fair on Saturday, and Live Music on the Riverfront Pavilion from local bands on Friday and Saturday for you to enjoy.
The Rock N Brews BBQ contest is your chance to win up to $9,000 in cash and prizes. This is an FBA sanctioned event. We encourage pitmasters of all levels to join as it is an excellent opportunity to learn from the professional teams and enjoy a weekend with some of the top BBQ cooks and enthusiasts. Teams can compete in either the backyard or the professional division. All teams must compete in all meat categories of chicken, pork ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket. Professional Cook Teams must compete in all 4 meat categories (chicken, ribs, pork shoulder, and beef brisket) to be eligible for the grand championship. All teams will also be given a pork shoulder, which will be included with their entry, to compete in the People’s Choice Competition.
All teams can enter our ancillary contests at an additional cost of $25 per category for either the Kids BBQ Cookoff, Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition, Dessert, Halloween Cocktail contest (Thursday Night)and/or Camp Mack ‘s prize category of Nothin’ Butt Gator.
All teams must be a member of the FBA to compete in the Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Festival. If you are not a member please register at: https://fba39.wildapricot.org/ as your FBA number will be required to register for the event.
Pro Division: $300 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday night.
Backyard Division: $175 includes your BBQ site / RV Pad with electric and water included for Thursday, Friday, & Saturday Night.
All team members must be a FBA Member to compete. If you are not a member please register at https://fba39.wildapricot.org/ prior to signing up for the event.
Fun Cue Entries
- Kids BBQ Cookoff: $25 Entry – (Friday Night Turn-in)
- Gator Mack’s Sauce Competition: $25 Entry – (Friday Night Turn-in)
- Nothin’ Butt Gator: $25 Entry, which includes Gator Meat provided to cooks. (Friday Night Turn-in)
- Dessert – $25 Entry (Friday Night Turn-in)
- Halloween Cocktail Contest (Thursday Night Turn-in)
Pre-Registration is required. All teams must provider their own equipment and supplies. Electricity and water will be provided. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire, city and resort codes and rules.
Artist and vendors will have tents at the Riverfront along with BBQ vendors. If you are interested in taking part or displaying at the craft fair register here.
FREE concert for all to enjoy on Friday evening and throughout the day on Saturday. Check back later for the list of scheduled bands.
GENERAL ADMISSION & PEOPLE’S CHOICE BBQ TASTING
It is free for anyone to attend the Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Festival. From 1:00 – 3:00 pm we will be offering People’s Choice Tasting at the Riverfront for $20 / attendee where people can taste a sample of pulled pork form all the teams that entered and vote for their favorite to crown the Camp Mack People’s Choice Champion. Ticket sales proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness. We will also have BBQ Vendors who will be selling BBQ on the Riverfront throughout the weekend.
Rock ‘N’ Brews & BBQ Weekend Schedule
Thursday, October 20, 2022
- 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Early Arrival for cook teams. Camp Mack office closes at 5:00 pm. Teams arriving after 5:00 pm please coordinate with the office prior to arrival for late check-in.
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Halloween Cocktail Contest. Prizes and fun for all teams participating.
- 7:00 – 9:00 pm: Live Music on Stage and Bonfire Party
Friday, October 21, 2022
- 12:00 pm: Meat Inspections will begin for cook teams
- 5:00 pm: FBA BBQ Cooks’ Meeting – handout turn-in boxes for all categories and pork butts for those doing People’s Choice.
- 7:00 pm – 7:15 pm: Gator Mack’s Sauce Turn In
- 7:45 pm – 8:00 pm: Nothing Butt Gator- Turn-In
- 8:30 pm – 8:45 pm: Kids Cue Turn-In
- 9:00 pm – 9:15 pm: Dessert Turn-In
Saturday, October 22, 2022
- 9:00 am: FBA Judges Meeting.
- 11:00 am: FBA Chicken Turn-in
- 12:00 pm: FBA Ribs Turn-in
- 12:30 pm: People’s Choice Turn In
- 1:00 pm: FBA Pork Turn-in
- 1:00 pm: Music on the Riverfront Pavilion and People’s Choice Tasting & Craft Fair Opens
- 2:00 pm: FBA Brisket Turn-in
- 5:00 pm: Sauce / Gator / Kids Que /Backyard & Pro BBQ Awards
- 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm: Concert on the Riverfront Stage
Awards will begin at 5pm with Cash and Prizes available
- Grand Champion: $1250
- Reserve Champion: $750
- 3rd – Overall: $500
- 4th – Overall: $300
- 5th – Overall: $200
- 6-10 Overall will receive an award.
Each of the 4 Categories
- 1st – $300
- 2nd – $200
- 3rd – $150
- 4th – $125
- 5th – $100
- 6-10 Overall will receive an award.
* Cash and prizes are subjection to change. This is based on 30 pro team entries and we will adjust based on the number of teams or on sponsor participation.
EVENT FORMS AND REGISTRATION
Rock ‘N’ Brews BBQ Gallery